KTM Forum Italia - Unofficial Italian Community

Hello from the UK

La presentazione, oltre ad essere gradita, apre le porte del forum!

Moderatore: Moderatori

asbo_moto

Hello from the UK

Messaggioda asbo_moto » 16 gen 2016, 10:34

Hello fellow KTM lovers

I've been riding KTMs for 15yrs now, I started off with an LC2 when I was 17 and since then I have had a Duke2, 2004 SX125, 2008 SX125, 2004 EXCR525 supermoto, 2012 SuperdukeR and I've been building a 560SMR for the last 5 years, yes that's right, I said 5yrs...

The 560 kicked off from wanting to keep adding bits to the 525, I stumbled across some trick factory parts and well decided to build a complete bike to how I want it. This brings me on to why I have joined an Italian forum, there are 2 things left on my list of factory/exotic parts I want for my build. I'm after an aluminium fuel tank and a titanium subframe. The subframe was made for all the factory 2005 motocross bikes, and quite possibly earlier and later years but I haven't checked. The company who made them is an Italian company, poggipolini.

On a completely different subject, I've been snowboarding twice in Pila, and you guys make the best hot chocolate ever, I brought some to bring home with me but just can't make it as good.

Bat21
Moderatore

Re: Hello from the UK

Messaggioda Bat21 » 16 gen 2016, 12:45

Hello and welcome into MyKTM's site :)

If you're managed to build a motorcycle from scratch ...needless to reiterate that you will to have a NOTABLE mechanical's ability :o

...or still it well above by the norm! :D

With the LC2 script ...I think you mean the KTM's two-stroke ...it's allright?

Well ...however, reveal at us where you write now and what's your name; many thanks :wink:

P.S.: Excuse me for my not perfect English :oops:
My little orange mustang!!

Barcollo ma non mollo ...semplicemente, resisto(!)

asbo_moto

Messaggioda asbo_moto » 16 gen 2016, 13:47

Yes your right, it was a 125 2stroke. Not sure what year they stopped making the LC2 but mine was brought in 2000, although I think it was a 1999 model. My mate had the Sting, which was the supermoto version, basically a baby Duke.

I have a little mechanical knowledge, here is the build if you want to see it http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/supermoto/113 ... -nato.html

I have had the frame converted to take the 08 style plastics but it's taken so long to get building the bike and there are quite a few conversions now so I am going to revert back to the 04-06 style and put an aluminium tank on the bike.

I've not revealed this plan on the forum where my build thread is though, I'm keeping that under wraps until I can source the parts I want.

The subframe is the key part I want to find at the moment.

Bat21
Moderatore

Messaggioda Bat21 » 16 gen 2016, 16:33

CONGRATULATIONS :clap: :!:

It's a great thing to be able for realize a dream ...and you are succeeding now :D

Please ...leave this topic only for presentation, continuing (if you want) in the other that you've opened specifically :)

Many thanks :wink:
My little orange mustang!!

Barcollo ma non mollo ...semplicemente, resisto(!)

elleR

Messaggioda elleR » 16 gen 2016, 23:34

:s-welcome: :myktm_sign

Torna a Presentazioni