KTM Forum Italia - Unofficial Italian Community

Kevin Windham si chiama fuori

Commenti e curiosità dalle competizioni.

Moderatore: Moderatori

jenk
Fondatore

Kevin Windham si chiama fuori

Messaggioda jenk » 20 lug 2011, 22:51

Kevin per questa stagione ha gia’ dato molto. Un buon campionato Supercross e un grande scorcio nel torneo Outdoor. Windham non avrebbe voluto partecipare al National ma gli infortuni di Trey Canard prima e di Josh Grant poi, lo hanno praticamente investito primo pilota del Team ufficiale Honda. Adesso che sono rientrati sia Trey che Josh, Kevin ha deciso di sospendere l’attivita’ per la stagione 2011. Lo rivedremo in pista alla prima del Supercross 2012. Grazie e buon riposo Kevin. Questo la press release ufficiale di Honda

Immagine

Windham Completes 2011 Motocross Season

Torrance, CA: American Honda announced today that American Honda Racing fill-in rider KevinWindham has raced his final event for the 2011 Motocross season and will now turn his efforts toward preparing for the 2012 Supercross Championship. Windham has done a stellar job aboard his factory Honda-prepared CRF450R, filling in for injured Honda riders Trey Canard and Josh Grant during the first half of the 450 Class Motocross Championship. The fan favorite scored a string of top-10 finishes, including finishing just shy of the overall podium in fourth place at Hangtown, Budds Creek and Thunder Valley.
“I would like to thank both American Honda Racing and GEICO Honda for allowing me the opportunity to fill in for Canard and Grant while they were on the mend,” said Windham. “I would also like to thank all the fans at the races for cheering so loudly with every lap I raced. It was always factory Honda’s plan to have me around until their riders came back. I got so overwhelmed by the warm reception I was receiving at all the nationals that I thought I could race them all. The racer inside of me wants to be behind every starting gate that drops. However, throughout the season it has become obvious to me why I stepped away from racing the Motocross Championship a few years back. I feel that I’m struggling through the grueling Motocross season and it’s bringing me down mentally. Riding at less than 100 percent is a great way to bring on an injury. It is a must to always have your head in the game. I’ve had a blast at Motocross and now can start recharging my batteries for the 2012 Supercross season. I still want to focus on making 20 years as a professional racer by making it to 2014.”

American Honda Racing Team Manager Erik Kehoe praised Windham’s efforts throughout the Motocross season. “Kevin has done a tremendous job for the team at the first seven outdoor rounds,” said Kehoe. “I’ve always been a K-Dub fan and I’m proud of Kevin and his willingness to fill in on the factory team in times of need, even if it is on a part-time basis. The whole team has had a lot of fun working with Kevin. We respect his professional-life decisions about how and where he wants to focus his racing efforts, plus the fact he has a young family to take care of and a lot going on in his home life that requires much of his time and energy. We are fully supportive of his decision to now focus solely on training and preparing for the 2012 Supercross season.”

fonte mxforum.net
A dar risposte sono capaci tutti, ma a porre le vere domande ci vuole un genio..
by Oscar Wilde
KTM Race LC Carbon Limited Edition

Torna a "Radio corsa"